Britain's Best Loaf - The Winners!
27 April 2022
Delice de France Proud Sponsors of Britain's Best Loaf 2022
The competition was fierce, with perfect bakes and flavour innovation at it's best!
The Parmesan and Black Pepper Sourdough Loaf from Bakerman in Darlington was crowned Britain's Best Loaf 2022. It was prasied by the judges for its bold flavours as well as punchy aroma and the technical expertise it displayed.
The loaf's creator Dan Booth of Darlington based organic community bakery Bakerman said "It was just something i thought of one day and thought would be a delicious concoction for bread....it has been a work in progress for the last five or six years so I'm delighted we've finally nailed it."
The category winners and highly recommended were;
- Gluten Free Winner - Smoked Beetroot and Sweet Chilli Loaf from Stir Cambridge
- Highly Commended - Gluten Free Seeded Loaf from Two Magpies Bakery
- Innovation Winner - Turmeric, Red Onion and Nigella Seed Sourdough from Bakerman
- Highly Commended - Turmeric Sourdough with Cranberries and Walnuts from The Baking Room
- Plain Sourdough Winner - Everyday Sourdough from Bakehouse at Cakesmiths
- Highly Commended - White Sourdough from The Danish Bakery
- Sourdough with Other Ingredients Winner - Parmesan and Black Pepper Sourdough from Bakerman
- Highly Commended - Fruity Botanical Sourdough from Country Style
- White Winner - White Farmhouse Loaf from Elsie May's Cafe, Bar and Bakery
- Highly Commended - White Tin Loaf from Seasons Bakery
- Wholegrain Winner - Malted Barley Sourdough from Lovingly Artisan
- Highly Commended - Watford Sour from Flourish Craft Bakery
Inspired by the flavours and bakes? Getting proving and baking in time for next year, maybe we will see you there.
Read more on the winning loaves